Thursday, January 15, 2009

One Step Forward, Two Steps Backward

You know what happened? I wrote my first piece for this blog and it couldn't be saved. It died a premature death. Alas! Trying to recall the content, I feel hopeless. This is my third trial with blogs. All the earlier ones died within a few days of conception. Reason? My forgetfulness, especially with passwords.I even lack the iron will of Bhishma Pitamah to take a resolution of not forgetting my passwords in the year 2009. (Resolutions limit the power of thinking you know!)
The organization I work with is great. People keep on forgetting their passwords and the worse, even their login ids for which the first prize goes to the Vice Prsident. She is lovable for all her amnesia. And today she asked me to create another email id and password for her. Yet again. (Me, of all the people.Hah!) Can't blame her though. She has such a hectic lifestyle. Managing office, managing server at times, managing a haircut in Singapore or a vacation in Italy. We lesser mortals sigh and await our turn patiently to reach the top.
Yesterday was special. Labour Commissioner had charged and booked us under various acts and sections for things we couldn't understand. Well,well,well, atleast I couldn't recall any of the acts and sections she was continuously hurling at us. (Others pretended they knew but I am sure even they couldn't remember anything at that moment. He,he). It was not until one of us told her that our company does not fall under the purview of any of the Indian acts since we are registered in the US of A , that an imminent crisis was averted and all cacophony died down to emit a more pleasant HIP HIP HURRAY. The Commissioner had come fully prepared with full intentions of sending some of us to jail (I smell a rat). Our crime: we dare to follow the most updated practices, the latest HR practices that the poor and outdated labour laws of India, badly in need of reform, have not even an ounce of an idea about. Waah waah.
Anyway, its becoming interesting. Not the office scenario but blogging. I will be a blogger for sure. Without forgetting my password this time. This is my promise. To myself. Instinctively ;)