Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sunday Syndrome

Has it ever happened with you- to awake very late from the cosy confines of a warm blanket and not to feel like doing anything?
Recently I fell victim to a sort of  'hallucination'
The whole day I relaxed and called up a few of my friends to enquire their howabouts and wondered aloud why were they in office even on a Sunday...
I relished my favourite cuisines without taking care to cook. The prompt 'deliveryman' arrived within 20 minutes of receiving the order.
It was Sunday of course so what was the hurry... The 23rd of January, 2010. Oh, why aren't there two or three Sundays in the calendar that we follow!
One of my colleagues had called up at 10 to find out if I was unwell and I said 'yes' to ward her off...
The next morning I readied up hurriedly as usual for my office when the newspaper declared loudly- THE SUNDAY TIMES OF INDIA
Oh, I had messed  Saturday up with Sunday...(Not that I regretted it except cooking up an excuse for a leave from the office)