Friday, March 9, 2012

Holi-day: Direct Dil se

Yesterday was a colorful day. Literally. Colored faces in silvers, reds, greens, blacks and pinks- what a sight! The most enthusiastic lot is always that of children. I recollect my childhood days when my brother and I used to venture out with 'pichkaaris' early in the morning after forming alliance with other kids in planning attack on elders :) Mornings meant buckets of water and colours- lots of each; evenings were reserved for playing with dry 'gulaal' and getting money, handkerchiefs and blessings from elders. New clothes? Of course!

As a grown up, sometimes I wonder why don't I enjoy playing Holi any more. It was more like a holiday yesterday for me rather than the day of Holi. Bad, I must say but a sad truth, I know.

Busy routine with jobs and responsibilities. So much so that even loosening up is not effortless.

Yet, I must say, life is colorful. it's our attitude towards it that makes or mars it. :)